Re: [OT Humor] "Obviously designed by morons"

On 22 March 2011 00:07, Christopher A. Williams <chriswfedora@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-03-21 at 16:46 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
>> As I've been writing this, something interesting has occurred to me: by
>> the time I stopped doing tech support for an ISP (Our call center was
>> closed and the entire support crew was laid off.) I had been "on the
>> phones" longer than anybody else there.  I found myself, more and more,
>> finding things obvious that nobody else understood or knew, simply
>> because none of the other techs had anywhere near my experience.
>> Considering how long I've been using Linux, this may well be simply
>> another case of my not realizing how different my experience level is
>> compared to the rest of the list.
>
> ...And for those of us on the list who have been running Linux pretty
> much exclusively since Red Hat Linux 4 and earlier (and who use sudo
> properly):

sudo won't save you - "sudo rm -rf . /" is just as bad.

The only thing sudo does give you is accountability - which is
precious little use when someone has just deleted some important data.
Firing them after the event really doesn't hold as much satisfaction
as not deleting that data in the first place.

--
Sam