Re: [OT Humor] "Obviously designed by morons"

On 03/21/2011 12:54 PM, suvayu ali wrote:
> If I may ask, what is wrong with sudo? Specially when configured with PASSWD?

If you have the root password, it's the wrong tool for the job.  It's
designed, AIUI, for people who *don't have* the root password to have
*limited access* to specific root commands.  It can also be used (as I
described in a different message) to allow people *limited access* to
programs that they'd not normally be able to run.  If you have the
password, there's no reason that I can see to pretend you don't.  In
fact, in Fedora, you can't even set sudo up so that you can use it
without using the *root password!*