Re: [OT Humor] "Obviously designed by morons"

On 3/21/11, Joe Zeff <joe@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 03/21/2011 08:34 AM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> Perhaps a command line tool for enabling configuration:
>> sudo IHerebySwear 'I am not now and have never been a Windows user.'
>
> I'd like to see the response to that be:'
>
> "You lie; you used sudo."
>
> If you're a proper Linux user on your own box, you use this:
>
> su -c IHerebySwear 'I am not now and have never been a Windows user.'

sudo, used by sysadmins who KNOW their users will be abusive.

su - used by sysadmins who checked out their user's credentials and
found out they know more about Linux then they do.

Either way, I prefer to give users sudo as it is restrictive and I
know what they can/cannot do and how much damge I'll have to fix when
they break things.

James McKenzie