Re: [OT Humor] "Obviously designed by morons"

On 03/21/2011 11:34 AM, Andrew Haley wrote:
> On 19/03/11 05:21, Joe Zeff wrote:
>> On 03/18/2011 10:15 PM, Chris Kloiber wrote:
>>> I may have to skip F15, which saddens me.
>>
>> Why?  If Gnome 3 is in F 15, it's going to be in 16 as well.  Just move
>> to a different desktop, like XFCE.
... or a different distro, which is equipped with DEs which better match
an individual's demands.

> I can see the logic in that, but it's a shame.  If everyone who wants
> a bit of user interface stability jumps ship there will be no brakes
> on the Gnome developers at all: they'll just carry on deleting user-
> configurability and adding kewl new features.
Isn't this what the people who are promoting Gnome 3 in Fedora intend?

>  The trouble is, anyone
> who installs Fedora or uses the live DVD gets whatever is the default,
> but an experienced Fedora user like me will have no idea how to use
> the thing... ;-)

Isn't it obious? People like you (and me) will have to go through a
learning curve, which either ends up in total satisfaction, an
arrangement with or in a divorce from Gnome3 and/or Fedora.

I for one will likely stay with F14 on my "productive systems", will
start to experiment with other DE's on F15 and with other distributions
on experimental installations. Momentarily, I have no idea were this
will lead me to or, on a wider scope, which impact Gnome 3 in F15 will
have on Fedora in general.

Ralf