Re: Regarding Get Fedora page

On 5/28/2010 11:38 PM, Craig White wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 22:52 -0400, David Boles wrote:
>
>> Honest all I was hoping for was no more names and friends united for a
>> common cause.
> ----
> I'm certain that calling people assholes doesn't convey that message
> whatsoever.
>
> This is coming from someone who agrees with your general sentiments but
> finds your ability to deliver the message thoroughly lacking.
>
> The Fedora 'users' list (broadening because it was under a different
> title until recently) has long had a number of reasonably knowledgeable
> users that whine, bitch and moan but don't join the specific lists where
> these things are productively discussed and many of them don't bother to
> create bugzilla entries.
>
> I understand why most Fedora packagers/developers don't want to stay
> subscribed to this list because they get the impression that their
> volunteer efforts are often unappreciated.
>
> For those that are actively involved in volunteer efforts, like you,
> they need to sometimes turn a deaf ear and/or develop a thick skin
> because the whiners, gripers, bitchers and moaners actually have good
> intentions but like you have sometimes demonstrated a lack of
> perspective, tact and respect for others efforts.

Yeah.. Wrong word but I did get some attention?

So where were you Craig?  :-)

I have the greatest respect for those that develop Linux, package
Fedora, and provide Fedora. The OS. I feel that, if perhaps, the Get
Fedora site page does not *exactly* provide what I, ME, wants I will
either deal with it or offer, in a polite manor, creative suggestions.
Never, at no time, insulting the person that actually did the work. that
is what I saw. That is what offended me.

I think that those that receive something for nothing should only
complain when the chocolate candy is not sweet.

--

  David