Re: Regarding Get Fedora page

On 05/28/2010 07:46 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 05/28/2010 05:12 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> "Activities" doesn't mean much to me either.
>>
> The design isn't based on a single user, especially not skewed towards
> technical users.  It is based on a survey that suggests that activities
> are better leading term than spins for new users.

IMHO, you trim too much and in doing so ignore the underlying question.

But, what I should have said was....

I don't believe "Activities" has much meaning either...especially when
that term isn't used again and there is no effort to define what it
means.  "Spin" however is defined.  So, if one didn't know what a spin
was...they would after reading.

So, I think you are saying that non-technical users are more likely to
go to "Activities" to see what that is all about than go to "Spins".  In
other words, since they wouldn't know what "spin" means...they wouldn't
have any curiosity and click on the tab.  They won't mistake
"Activities" for an educational process or procedure intended to
stimulate learning through actual experience (one definition for
activities) and simply decide not to go there.

--
There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right
keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself. -- J.S. Bach 葛