Re: raid-one

Les Mikesell wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:

Yes well mdadm --detail /dev/md5 tells me that this hard drive which does have labels needs to get the labels removed and then get the partition changed to fd. I think then I will not be able to boot the god dam thing! So before the change you do something with mkinitrd and that sure is not something to look for :-(

   Getting just a simple raid-1 running and doing so right is a pain.

There are 2 simple approaches:
1) Build the raid during the install. Unfortunately you can't do the 'missing' trick, so you need to be able to overwrite both drives at that point. 2) Don't worry about the system portion that you can re-install. Add 2 drives mounted as your /home and you don't need to change the boot setup.

Les your fix is to re-install f7 as the first best fix or 2. buy two more new hard drives. Both are very time consuming and the new hard drive sounds best.

The real good paper I got from Jeffrey is 7 pages long and it does cover the whole thing. But I do not know the module name for the RAID-1 and that is critical because the kernel right now does not load that module. I know how to make it load but you do need the name :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User