Re: raid-one

Tim wrote:
On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 14:34 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
    There are some special raid configuration software. One is "fdisk"
and with that you can make partitions that have the special fd configuration.

To be precise, that's not special raid configuration software.  "fdisk"
is used for partitioning drives, in *general*.

I agree with Les - when talking about arranging drive structure, you
should mention that the process is destructive, and you should back up
anything that you need to keep, first.

Instructions need to be accurate and instructional.  Being inaccurate
causes people to make mistakes.

Agree for sure. First I will re-write to be accurate that one part of fdisk is a raid-1 tool but it is a general partition making software. But I see no reason to be afraid of the set up proceedure. Yes you can screw up fdisk and make an error or errors. But all you need to know is to look at the changes with care before you hit w :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User