Re: raid-one

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 08:11 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>     Hi Tim, I think you suffer from a fear of "fisk" :-)      Yes you
> do need to be careful. Look at it this way:

No, I don't.  Whatever "fisk" means...  ;-)

>     If your going to make a software raid-1 on Linux you must use a
> root Terminal. A root Terminal is capable of deleting your entire
> Linux! :-(
>
>     This paper is not for a person who has no knowledge of root and
> what it can do. You need to know the basics. I will add a place where
> they must show this basic knowledge or not try to do raid-1.

Now you're going off on a tangent.  The only disclaimer needed, as
already mentioned by us, is to point out changing drive structures is
potentially destructive.  Make backups before altering a pre-existing
system.

What I see you doing, and everything you've said leads to this
conclusion:  You're making the classic mistake of over-simplifying
something to the point that you completely ignore necessary aspects.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.