Re: broadcom wireless under F7 -- the recipe(?)

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007, Andy Green wrote:

> > # iwlist wlan0 scan
> > ... i can see!  i can see! ...
> >

> >   does this look reasonable?  at this point, i assume i would go into
>
> Yes it looks fine, but you are not associated to any AP.  This is
> the wired ethernet equivalent of not having a cable plugged in.
> You can try to force association by hand if you like
>
> iwconfig wlan0 ap 11:22:33:44:55:66  <--- AP MAC
>
> or go on with your plan to do the same thing the official way...

well, it's not surprising that i'm not associated with any AP, since i
haven't done anything to finish that part of the process.  my plan
was, as i mentioned, to just use the GUI menu entry for network admin
-- i didn't realize i could also use iwconfig as above to do the same
thing.

but other than that, things are looking good.

rday