Re: Fedora/RH policies sometimes suck

On 4/10/07, Res <res@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Alan Cox wrote:

>> Then they should EXCLUDE the ENITRE package.
>> That way some, like the OP, don't get frustrated thinking they did
>> something wrong because the damned thing doesn't work.
>
> Ah of course its obviously better thant a couple of million users don't
> get any working office suite than you get a little confused by a specific
> feature. I'm sorry I must have forgotten that you are the only person who
> counts and that every other users needs are irrelevant,

What is the point of including a non complete package, lets put in
firefox 2.0.0.3 BUT lets take out its ftp ability, so your stuck with http
only.

Lets include kopete, but because m$ offer a protcol in it, lets remove its
ability to MSN.

My point to this Alan is, where does it all end????

That's a terrible attempt at the slippery slope argument, try again,
but with less drama, and more logic.

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud