Re: Fedora/RH policies sometimes suck

On Tuesday 10 April 2007 05:31, Ed Greshko wrote:
> linuxmaillists@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > I just want to know what other
> > packages are on the Fedora distro that are are missing
> > original functionality simply because of legal issues.
>
> And that would help how?  Yes, you'd know what you're missing...but you
> already know you're missing "something" so why not install the OpenOffice
> rpms and be assured of missing nothing.

No-one is answering the question.  Forget the OpenOffice fixation.  The
question is 'How do we know which of Fedora's packages have been altered in
this way?'  OpenOffice would be one, but there are others.  Totem comes to
mind, and I'd guess that there are lots more.  As Les remarked, it could be
indicated in the package name.

As for how it would help, we could then decide for ourselves whether we need
to go to the source and build our own packages.

Anne