Re: Regarding Get Fedora page

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 22:32 +0000, g wrote:
> what is discussed in this tech support list is what helps keep users using
> what code authors are producing and what red hat ends up using.

s/Red Hat/Fedora contributors

> granted, 'Regarding Get Fedora page' is not what is normally discussed here,
> but i do feel that those who are giving tech support should also be given
> *due and proper* notice of how website is being composed.

If you want to be informed on particular topics, subscribe to the
mailing lists relevant to those topics, or follow Fedora Weekly News for
a general overview of all topics related to Fedora. It's the best way to
stay informed about everything going on across Fedora without having to
keep up with every single mailing list.

It's unreasonable to expect every single project within Fedora to be fed
to the users list for feedback, and highly unlikely given the turn this
thread has taken that any small bits of useful feedback procured from
this list would be worth the time and trouble sifting through the
noise.

> to hide fact that web page is changing *is* something that should be posted
> to this list, and not hidden in a long read of 'fedora weekly news' on
> fedora-announce list.

No one hid anything.

> is fedora site to stay a
>    *no nonsense technical site*,
>
> or is it going to become a
>   'bells and whistles, high flair and cute little teddy bears'?
>
> i say it should be put to a vote with *proper* notification on _all_
> fedora mailing list.
>
> let the over all majority have their say. not limit it to a few.

The people who work on Fedora have a say, because they actually
contribute and participate. If you would like a say, then you simply
need to contribute and participate. If we opened up every decision the
project ever had to make to a vote:

- nothing would ever get done

- we'd have this problem
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_by_committee

If you want to be involved in something, get involved in it. Stop
blaming other people for the decision you made yourself to not be
involved.

~m