[OT] Re: Regarding Get Fedora page

On 05/28/2010 12:14 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> (Note: My disdain for "surveys" has its roots in many hours of
> conversations witha friend of mine who owns a market research company
> in Taiwan and theUK.)
I'm sorry....  I just had to add these two funny stories that were the
results of surveys taken in Taiwan.

The first had to do with an advertisement for a space heater.  The
manufacturer wanted to illustrate the power of the heater.  They took a
survey about images that projected power.  The print ad came out...the
individual proclaiming the virtues of their heater?  Hitler.

The second had to do with an ad for Taiwan Beer.  They wanted a TV spot
that reflected happiness and joy.  They took a survey.  I only saw the
spot aired once.  Obviously pregnant women laughing and singing at a
party while sucking down a cold bottle of Taiwan Draft Beer.