Re: Wireless problems. UPDATE

Tim wrote:
Mark Haney:
My wireless router doesn't but my primary router does. I don't really need an IPv6 DHCP server, so why do you ask?

You wrote, "For some reason dhcp6c didn't get me an IP address from the
AP."  That sounded like you didn't know why.

If the device doesn't support IPv6, it's not going to work through it.
If some device in your network does support it (e.g. a router), but your
DHCP server doesn't, then IPv6 can be used on the network, but you'd
need something else to assign it an address.

Okay, maybe I"m the idiot here. dhcp6c is the IPv6 dhcp client right? Okay, that being the case, what app does Fedora use get an IP from a dhcp server? On my laptop it's dhcpcd, but Fedora doesn't have that nor anything close to that OTHER than dhcp6c which is why I mentioned it. I thought that was just a regular dhcp client that (possibly) handled ipv6 as well (hence the 6 in the name).

Obviously I was wrong and should RTFM more often.

What daemon does Fedora use for dhcp?

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support