Re: Wireless problems.

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 14:50 -0400, Mark Haney wrote:
Matthew Saltzman wrote:
Did it get rid of the multiple copies?  Did it correctly detect the
cards?
It did.  Until a second reboot. Then they came back.

In /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-<interface>, is there a
HWADDR=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx line?
A that point, I'd consider filing a bug.  John Linville handles the
wireless stuff, and he's usually been pretty responsive.
The problem is, I don't know what the problem is, so don't know what to file.

It probably doesn't make too much difference, in the sense that wherever
you file, you'll get help troubleshooting.

If none of the connectivity tools leads to a connection, I'd probably
start with the kernel (Linville's beat), suspecting that it's a wireless
driver issue.  It can always be reassigned later if troubleshooting
leads you to some other component.

Probably not a bad idea. Yes, there is a HWADDR= line. And it matches with the address that shows up in dmesg.

I noticed you're at Clemson. I was down there last month for CIDays. The campus is much prettier than I remember the last time I was there. (Which, sadly, was the Fumble-rooski Bobby Bowden pulled against you.)

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support