Re: Wireless problems.

Mike wrote:
Mark Haney <mhaney <at> ercbroadband.org> writes:

lspci -v

02:09.0 Network controller: RaLink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
	Subsystem: Linksys WMP54G ver 4.1
	Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 64, IRQ 21
	Memory at e8100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=32K]
	Kernel driver in use: rt61pci
	Kernel modules: rt61pci

The only thing I've changed on this box recently has been the kernel and associated updates.

Might be useful to know how you are connecting - NetworkManager, wpa-supplicant
WEP, WPA? I am using F8 with wpa_supplicant on three different machines with
different wireless cards in each and have no problems - one is rt73usb.

On the other hand I know someone who is using WEP with standard network
defined in ifcfg-*** files - and has been having problems for a while now
in F8

Yeah that would probably help. Actually, I'm just connection. It's a wireless card but no encryption involved. It's a straight up connection. Security isn't a real problem here where I live. I have 20 acres of land and no one is even close to me neighbor wise. So, it's nothing complicated.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support