Re: Wireless problems.

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 14:50 -0400, Mark Haney wrote:
> Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> > Did it get rid of the multiple copies?  Did it correctly detect the
> > cards?
>
> It did.  Until a second reboot. Then they came back.

In /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-<interface>, is there a
HWADDR=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx line?

> > A that point, I'd consider filing a bug.  John Linville handles the
> > wireless stuff, and he's usually been pretty responsive.
>
> The problem is, I don't know what the problem is, so don't know what to
> file.

It probably doesn't make too much difference, in the sense that wherever
you file, you'll get help troubleshooting.

If none of the connectivity tools leads to a connection, I'd probably
start with the kernel (Linville's beat), suspecting that it's a wireless
driver issue.  It can always be reassigned later if troubleshooting
leads you to some other component.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences