Re: how to jigdo download a fedora 8 re-spin in one easy step?

<snip>
> > Would you prefer instructions like this?
> >
> > How to fuel your car.
> >
> > 1) Drive to the fueling station
> > 2) Pull up to the fuel pump.
> > 3) Place the transmission in Park
> > 4) Turn off the engine.
> > 5) Remove the key
> > 6) Unbuckle your seatbelt
> > 7) ...
> >
> > Shall I go on? Or.
> >
> > 1) Drive to the fueling station
> > 2) Fuel your car
> > 3) Pay for the fuel
> > 4) Leave
> >
> > You already know the other parts.  ;-)
> >
> > It, Linux, is not always easy. But I think that sometimes users actually
> > make it harder for themselves.
> > - --
> >

> >   David

>     It is somewhat more difficult if the subject is unknown and steps to
> get it are unknown and you do not know what it does. This is typical of
> Fedora when you first see it.
>
> Karl
>

> --
>
>         Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI

How about prefixing the tutorial with a note stating that the tutorial
assumes that the end user already knows basic command line usage (i.e.
pressing ENTER when told to enter a command, that # means root and $
means regular user, etc) or whatever other pre-required knowledge the
author assumes/requires in order to properly use the tutorial?

I've written a few guides and in them included a Foreword in which it
states the target audience of the guide (hence the pre-required
knowledge that is required to properly benefit from the guide).

Jacques B.