Re: how to jigdo download a fedora 8 re-spin in one easy step?

Jacques B. wrote:
<snip>
Would you prefer instructions like this?

How to fuel your car.

1) Drive to the fueling station
2) Pull up to the fuel pump.
3) Place the transmission in Park
4) Turn off the engine.
5) Remove the key
6) Unbuckle your seatbelt
7) ...

Shall I go on? Or.

1) Drive to the fueling station
2) Fuel your car
3) Pay for the fuel
4) Leave

You already know the other parts.  ;-)

It, Linux, is not always easy. But I think that sometimes users actually
make it harder for themselves.
- --

  David

    It is somewhat more difficult if the subject is unknown and steps to
get it are unknown and you do not know what it does. This is typical of
Fedora when you first see it.

Karl

--

        Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI

How about prefixing the tutorial with a note stating that the tutorial
assumes that the end user already knows basic command line usage (i.e.
pressing ENTER when told to enter a command, that # means root and $
means regular user, etc) or whatever other pre-required knowledge the
author assumes/requires in order to properly use the tutorial?

I've written a few guides and in them included a Foreword in which it
states the target audience of the guide (hence the pre-required
knowledge that is required to properly benefit from the guide).

Jacques B.

I hold a PHD in Electrical Engineering. My PHD thesis was written so my wife could at least read it (she typed it long before computers). I didn't say you have to have a PHD in EE to read it. But you did and they who read it all were :-)

Alas the world has past me by. People now want a basic instruction they can read and understand. Come to think of it that is how College level books are written. Strange?

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User