Re: how to jigdo download a fedora 8 re-spin in one easy step?

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Dec 2007, Martin Marques wrote:
>
> > Nah, better use:
> >
> > http://fedorasolved.org/post-install-solutions/jigdo/
>
> putting together bits of info from various pages, here's what appears
> to be what i was looking for if i want a respin of F8 x86_64:
>
> 1) make sure jigdo is installed (well, duh)
> 2) pop in original F8 x86_64 DVD to avoid unnecessary downloads of
>    unchanged packages
> 3) cd to preferred download directory and run:
>    $ jigdo-lite http://jigdo.fedoraunity.org/templates/20071218/Fedora-Unity-20071218-8.jigdo
> 4) when asked, select image "13": Fedora-Unity-20071218-8-x86_64-DVD.iso
> 5) when prompted, enter mount point of original DVD
>
>   that's it -- that's all i wanted to know.  does that look correct?
> and why couldn't that have been written out on a single page
> somewhere?

  by the way, the above is still not annoyance-free:

Files to scan: /media/Fedora\ 8\ x86_64\ DVD/   <--- my answer (tab completed)
Skipping object `/media/Fedora\ 8\ x86_64\ DVD/' (No such file or directory)
Found 0 of the 2584 files required by the template
Will not create image or temporary file - try again with different input files

If you already have a previous version of the CD you are
downloading, jigdo can re-use files on the old CD that are also
present in the new image, and you do not need to download them
again. Mount the old CD ROM and enter the path it is mounted under
(e.g. `/mnt/cdrom').
Alternatively, just press enter if you want to start downloading
the remaining files.
Files to scan:

  i'm guessing it's the spaces in the volume name that caused the
problem, as all i did was unmount and remount manually under /mnt and
the scanning is now proceeding nicely.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA