Re: 3D Support for NVIDIA

Alan wrote:
: Part of it is "force of habit".  I have been compiling the drivers like
: that for so long, for me it "just works".

I understand that very well!

:   (But then again, I have also
: modified xorg.conf configs by hand as well, back when you had to.)

I still do.  It's the only way I know of understanding what's going
on.  Indeed, I have an abiding dislike for most GUIs, at least
for subsystems I care about, like X.

They entirely hide what they are doing and I'm in the dark hoping the
man-behind-the-curtain doesn't make a mistake and barf all over my
config files.  Force of habit from my Mandrake days, whose GUIs were
mostly rubbish.

I also boot into runlevel 3 and then startx. :-)

Dean