Re: 3D Support for NVIDIA

Angel writes:

Intel Pentium 4 (2.4 GHZ),1 GB DDR RAM,nVIDIA Geforce FX 5200 (128 MB),SAMSUNG SATA hard disk (128 GB),SAMSUNG DVD RW,SAMSUNG 17" Monitor.
You wanna tell,Fedora can't support this?

Of course it can. Everything will work, except accelerated 3D graphics. Basic video will work, but not 3D.

                                         So I have to buy a new system?

If you want hardware-accelerated 3D, yes. Or, you'll have to install Nvidia's binary blobs. But if you do that, and if afterwards you have problems with the kernel crashing, you'll have to remove Nvidia's non-free drivers, and reproduce the problem without them, before anyone will help you.

Funny.Very funny.
:-$

Yes. I've been watching this situation, for the last couple of years, with some amusement.