Re: nvidia

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 13:22 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

> >> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp puts Linux at 3%.
> >> Somewhere I thought I saw that current sales were around 8% Mac compared
> >> to the overall 3.8% though.
> > ----
> > those numbers just don't look right. I refuse to believe that Win98 is
> > and has been under 1% and Vista is so small.
>
> Vista has not been well accepted at the enterprise level.  Something
> about changing driver interfaces, perhaps...  Microsoft has been forced
> to extend their support for XP and Dell continues to offer it.
>
> > As for Macintosh sales being 8%, I haven't seen any such report...that
> > would be a significant increase.
>
> It is significant. They are up 34% this quarter from a year ago with the
> PC market only growing at about 15%
> http://www.news.com/8301-13579_3-9801997-37.html
> And with Leopard they are officially Posix compliant and UNIX 03
> registered.  And they have dtrace.
----
34% increase in Apple bluster. Article was about iPhones/iPods

Nothing there suggested any Apple percentage of total desktop sales

I wonder how much device driver breakage there is with Leopard. ;-)  In
fact, I have not considered any Apple OSX to be what I would call a
stable environment, I actually refer to it as permanent beta.

Not to mention the Apple Tax so you can pay for an OS when you already
have an OS.

Finally, I got my mailing from Tidbits and it seems that all is
definitely not rosy with Leopard

Craig