Re: 2.6.23 kernel

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Aly Dharshi wrote:

ummmm when your responsible for what I am, yeah, because I'm paid to not have things fuck up, but since we moved all servers to Slackware, we've never had a single hiccup, so I aint had to any problems in years. for fucks sake, RH cant even sort out their own rsync servers, why would I try trusting them again, its a complete joke, and the funny thing is, the same person resposible for it is probably still in that job

	Which is why you would run something like RHEL for production

No.... Its exactly why I dont run it. I've used RHEL, RHES and more recently the RHEL clone CentOS, they are all still bloated to buggery, unnecessary crud = unnecessary risks, Once a Slackware server is installed it rarely needs to be touched, only if we want to put a new kernel in, or the once in a blue moon security update, which is rare because of the non-bloatness and non-butchering, slackware is essentially a install and forget, it gives us more time to do new projects.

--

Cheers
Res

Slackware -V- sloooUbuntoooou