Re: 2.6.23 kernel

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007, Scott Henson wrote:

John Wendel wrote:
<snip>

Don't be a wimp!  Seriously, if you've got some spare time and a
non-critical box, you should build 2.6.23, beat it up, and file bug
reports. It's the way we non-kernel-developers can contribute.

I have no problem with that, but as for a box I actually care about and
want to get stuff done on, vendor kernels all the way.

I recall, hrmmmmmm RH4 i think it was, maybe earlier, an automatic update rendored my desktop useless, they corrected it within hours, but thats too late for the poor suckers like me that were affected, since then, a valuable lesson learnt was never trust a vendors "update" verbatim, and since then, I've never used a RH kernel, once bitten ok,
twice bitten your a damned fool.

--

Cheers
Res