Re: Internet traffic and Azureus -

Res wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>
>> Then you should also know not to present something as "fact" when you
>> can't
>> support it with verifiable data.  Saying something is "true" doesn't
>> make it so.
>
> I can support it, but not on a pulbic list adn you can repeat your
> statement as often as you like, i really dont care becasue my network
> runs smoothly i have a lot of time to repeat teh same stuff as well

OK...  Send me the data directly.

> so you expect us to support every facet of your pc?
> what part of ISP's are not there to teach you how to use a PC cant you
> comprehend? we dont sell them, nor do we wrote the software you use, if
> anyone has that obligation is the store that you bought your pc from...
> next youll be crying foul our cust support staff refuse to show you how
> to use excel *sigh*  and dont worry about not wanting to be one my
> customers, i dont wont you to be one :)

Not *every* aspect.  However, it is rather funny that even here in Taiwan
when a user has problems with their connectivity and they contact the ISP
the ISP will work with them to determine the problem even if the problem was
caused by an update from Microsoft and even to 3rd party firewalls.  SeedNet
is one of the best at it.  Their techies keep up to date on things and ask
detailed and pertinent questions.  They have no obligation to do that.  They
are just service oriented.

>> While it "isn't" their problem they go the extra mile to help.  I
>> believe it
>> is what some people refer to as "service".
>
> thats not quite the same, unless they walk up the road showing them
> personally where those stores are, in which case their manager should be
> asking when do they have time to help the customers who are buying from
> them, oh wait, maybe thats why some ISP's tech support lines can keep
> people on hold for an hour before someone can get to them, microsoft wrote
> the crap 95% of customers use, if there pc retailer can not help, then
> they need to call m$ support. m$ do not pay us or give us any kickback
> for teaching someone how to use their software, so we sure as hell wont
> be doing it.

Ahh...you're in it only for the money and don't think twice about customer
or brand loyalty.

FWIW, in the stores of Minneapolis/St. Paul it is often the manager that
would direct me to another store...even if it was a competitor.  I made it a
point to shop in that helpful store and suggest others go there as well.

Wally is waiting for you.