Re: Install or Upgrade to Fedora 7 with dud DVD

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 15:25 +1000, Simon Slater wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 00:10 -0500, Chris Mohler wrote:
> > On 10/2/07, Simon Slater <pyevet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I tried an NFS install but the error message (from memory) indicated
> > > that I had not exported the directory appropriately.  To what
> > > should /etc/exports be pointed for an installing computer to find it?
> >
> > My relevant line looks like this:
> > /mnt/centos               192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0(ro,no_root_squash,sync)
> >
> > You may need to change the network parameters...  /mnt/centos is where
> > I mounted the CD iso.
> >
> > >From (failing) memory, i supplied th IP of the server, and /mnt/centos
> > as the path at install time, and it went from there.
> >
> > iptables might be an issue - you may have to allow nfs through
> > whatever firewall you're using.
> >
> > Chris
> >
> Thanks Chris!
> Anaconda is running, so I'll proceed with the install and post back the
> results. Must have forgot that an IP address could go in /etc/exports
> and cover the whole LAN.
>

> --
> Regards
> Simon

	First update.  Install completed.  Crashed when setting up LVM but that
can be done later.  On boot a couple of [FAILED] went past too fast to
see, guess I'll find out what soon enough.

	Message on firstboot that X server was not configured properly,
possibly not enough RAM. I got a console for 3-5s then a black screen
followed by a blank screen, then another console, cycling 2-3 times
until left with a blank screen. Could not Ctrl-Alt-Fn to a console.

	Reboot brought up a login and so far things seem to be working.  Thanks
for your help.  I'll work through all the extras one by one (WLAN,
webcam, mic, extra buttons...).

	Many thanks

--
Regards