Re: Fedora philosophy (was ATI video comes out of the closet)

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Les Mikesell wrote:
Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

The reason for Fedora is to find out what things work. But why must
Fedora work for everyone?
 was not, then why should it be expected to? You have been
pointed to distributions that do provide what you want. So why not
use one of them, and let Fedora pursue its own goal? It is filling
the needs of its intended audience. Why should it be expected to do
more then that?  (I have tried presenting this point several
different ways...)

Mikkel
You guys are making the point that Fedora is not for the everyday person. This is obvious since the people like me using F7 as a Personal Computer are in a minority, like 95 to 1 against doing this. The huge majority have mastered the ability to load Windows or they bought the computer with Windows on it.

I am weird. My new computer is one that comes with no operating system and I had problems with the nVidia hardware which is not Linux friendly. But nVidia makes a RPM that fixes F7 so it works fine with it.

At this point I am happy with F7 and will try here long after most of you run off to Febora 8 and maybe F9 :-)

There are still changes to be made but the basic computer and the Fedora 7 Operating System is just what I want. For my personal computer.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User