Re: ATI video comes out of the closet

Les Mikesell wrote:

>> Are you sure you're in the right place?
>
> Yes, I try to use the right tools for the right jobs and thus need to
> keep track of what is available and usable.  The right job for fedora
> seems only to be to try to get some idea of what will be included in the
> next stable RHEL/Centos versions - which I think is unfortunate.  But,
> as not entirely unrelated side effect of that, FC3 and FC6 were very
> stable and usable for a large part of their supported lives - FC6 still
> is if you ignore a recent but quicky fixed scsi issue.   That makes me
> believe that that fedora developers understand the issue and are capable
> of delivering stability when it matches their agenda.  So, I keep hoping
> they will someday use the same approach all the time.

Why is that unfortunate? Fedora is more then a test bed for
RHEL/Centos, because problems found here are passed up the line. So
things that are found here, and fixed, do not show up in other
distributions. Somebody has to test new things. That is what Fedora
is for. If that is a problem for you, then you are using the wrong
tool. I don't remember seeing anything that says Fedora will provide
a stable system. I have seen advice about it not being suitable for
a production environment. If you insist on using hte wrong tool for
the job, then problem is not the tool!

Mikkel