Re: Having an Evolution and Mail notification Problem?

Robin Laing wrote:

How's the speed if you use browser access to owa?

That depends on the load on the server.

If I don't run filters, even evolution is fast. I can copy (move really doesn't move) messages to my local mailbox, expunge the server inbox in ~2 minutes on 270 messages.

What if you either:
turn off automatically filtering, do the move to a local or imap folder where you select the new messages and run the filters
or
let evolution run all the time with a frequent enough check for new mail that there will only be a few new messages each time? And be sure the inbox stays empty - Evolution may be doing a lot of work looking through old messages even if it is only processing new ones.

I'm not that picky - I just read backwards from newest until I run into things I've already seen. The one thing that matters to me is that when I hit delete, the selection should move to the next message.

Productivity is the key. The main reason I don't like Evolution or Outlook. To many interruptions.

I prefer threaded messages and I prefer to see the dates as I normally work by dates. It is one of those preferences. I found a feature in TB that is great and has solved one of these issues of wanting to scan messages but not actually read them. There is a setting that marks a message as read after X seconds. Now I can scan messages to see if it has the stuff I need to read. If it doesn't, I can either hold onto it marked as unread or I can delete the thread/message as needed. :)

I guess the reason I don't care about the sort is that I already have several separate accounts where different things land naturally and internet list mail never mingles with business mail in the first place. The only place this is a problem is when I send a new mail list message and forget to set the 'from' to the subscribed address (this happens by itself on replies).

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx