Re: Fwd: Cron <root@coyote> run-parts /etc/cron.daily

At 10:22 PM -0400 5/23/07, Gene Heskett wrote:
>Does anyone have a clue what this is all about?  I haven't mucked with
>bugzilla in a week or more, & never on this machine, just on a web page from
>somebody elses.

The script /etc/cron.daily/bugzilla had a problem.  To find out what
package it's from:

    rpm -qf /etc/cron.daily/bugzilla

and to learn more:

    rpm -qilf /etc/cron.daily/bugzilla

If there was a recent update to that package, you should look for .rpmnew
files.  I just look at all of them from time to time:

    find / -name '*\.rpm?*'

If there are some that are interesting, compare them to the current files:

    diff -u /etc/interesting.conf /etc/interesting.conf.rpmnew | less

Also look at the changelog:

    rpm -qf /etc/cron.daily/bugzilla --changelog | less

Search bugzilla at <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/> for
/etc/cron.daily/bugzilla or just bugzilla (probably too many hits though).

Look at the script:

    less /etc/cron.daily/bugzilla

If you just don't want that script at all, disable it with:

    chmod -x /etc/cron.daily/bugzilla