Re: Where are all the updates gone?

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

As far as configuration and structure, The difference between
Mandriva and Fedora is about the same as the difference between
different releases of ether line. Compared that to the differences
between Debian/Unbuntu, Slackware and Fedora. (I do not know from
personal experience, but I have heard that the difference between
Debian and Unbuntu are about the same as between FEdora and Mandriva.)

Mandriva have deviated very much from the original Red Hat Linux roots. They have for instance package naming conventions that is actually similar to Debian now.

Rahul