Re: Where are all the updates gone?

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Read the archives, I was repeatedly shot down with the 'bleeding edge technology' line when I complained about lilo's complete removal.

What folks say here cant be taken as Fedora toting anything. It is just some user opinions.

Some of those "user opinions" came from @redhat.com addresses, I actually don't take any notice of @anydomain.blah posters, as they are just like I, posting a personal opinion, but when you post with @redhat.com, it is next best thing to an official comment.

Lilo got dropped because there was no one has been interested in maintaining it and due to Grub being more capable as the default boot

I completely disagree, grub is rubbish, its the first thing i remove off any fedora box I install and will continue to do so, however the desktops are all close to not being Fedora any longer, so this entire discussion maybe moot, I was going to wait and eval F7, and if its still as butchered
as previous releases.

At which time other more 'non politcal or narrow visioned' flavours will be evaluated.

--
Cheers
Res

--