Re: Where are all the updates gone?

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> clamav in FC6?  It's still receiving updates, including patches for
> the recent security issue (on February 20).  That doesn't sound as if
> it's not receiving updates.
Ok, I see.
But what is the meaning of this logfile message:

WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
WARNING: Local version: 0.88.7 Recommended version: 0.90

> OM> Ok, I get it. Fedora Core is only a playground, nothing more,
> OM> nothing stable, nothing with a long lifespan.
>
> So you're complaining that it's not stable because a maintainer is
> actually maintaining an existing version instead of pushing out a new
> version?  That's completely contradictory.
0.90 is the recommended version by the developers of clamav. What is to
misunderstood here? Is there anybody out there who knows it better
than the developers of clamav what the recommended version is?

regards
Olaf