Re: Problem accessing some https sites

try adding this to /etc/sysctl.conf

# hack to fix problems with internet routers
net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling = 0

and then reloading sysctl

/sbin/sysctl -p

and see if that helps

Craig

That did it!!  Thanks to all for your input.  Special thanks to Craig
and Robert for the solution!

I'm running FC5 at home and it has never been an issue there.  And I
had pretty much eliminated all other possibilities outside of FC6
settings.  As you explained rather the more aggressive algorithm
recently added to the kernel has identified a problem with one of our
routers.

Just to help me (and no doubt others) understand, what exactly did I do and why?

Thanks,

Jacques