Problem accessing some https sites

I'm unable to access some https sites for some reason.  I can access
https://mail.google.com for example, but not my banking site, or
another encrypted site.  I turned off iptables but still no luck.  I
also went in the GUI and turned off the firewall from there (isn't
that also iptables?).  I have a Windows box on a hub with the FC6 box
(only two on that hub) which can access those other sites no problem.
So the problem is definitely local to my FC6 machine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jacques B