Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Mike McCarty wrote:

>> I could see that happening on this list.  Remember, it is a "users" list.
>
> I've seen it happen on *all* the "user" lists associated with Linux.

Sure, nothing new.  Go to any Usenet group, on any subject populated with
humans and you will see this happen from time to time.  Some more than others.

>> Being "critical" of another's work or starting a thread with a phrase
>> such
>
> I wasn't using the term "criticism" in a negative sense. Sorry if I
> didn't make that clear.

It doesn't really matter.  I was just noting that "criticism" has a bad rap
and is taken by some as always being negative.  So, it is something to avoid
saying/using.

> I agree with this statement that the tone was combative, rather
> than helpful. (At least from my viewpoint.) In any case, I think
> that when a user has a complaint, then it needs to be taken as
> an opportunity to do some reflection whether something might not
> be done a little better.

Yes, but the method one uses to express their complaint will impact how it
is received and what, if any, reflection will be done.

>> It may be helpful if we all remember that words such as "better", and
>> "spot-on" are subjective terms.
>
> Yes. And the word "however" which I used above indicates that some
> may be more, and some may be less.

I see.  From the area of the world I was born and raised "however spot-on"
means "no matter how spot-on (or correct)".  There go those darn regional
differences creeping in.

> Are you resigning? :-)

No, going back to sleep.  :-)