Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 23:13 +0000, Chris Jones wrote:
> > I should NOT have to read a driver forum to run a new kernel !
>
> of all the dumbass things you have said in this thread this is perhaps the
> worst.

Yeah, silly me, thinking I could install a kernel and build the same
friggin Nvidia driver that I have built 20x before without having to
visit a Linux forum !

> Anyone with even a little linux experience (which, despite your claims to the
> contrary clearly you don't have)

Well buddy, I've been running Linux only since Redhat 8.  Servers and
workstations.

> would not dream of trying a new kernel
> before checking it supports the hardware they need.

There was nothing to check, other than I needed to build an nvidia
driver.  Again.  The old kernel ran all my hardware, should I expect
that the new one won't ?  And btw, are there hardware release notes that
I am supposed to read or should I start going through the kernel
source ?

> Couple this with the fact
> it is a *TESTING* kernel.... well, you are starting to look a right plonker.

When will you guys start to understand that there is NO ISSUE with my
new kernel !  Nvidia built better for this kernel than it did for the
stock fc6 2798 kernel, where we HAD TO EDIT SOURCE CODE TO GET IT TO
BUILD.   Oh, that was a one time thing ?  Sure...

LET ME SAY THIS: IT IS UNACCEPTABLE TO HAVE TO BUILD A DRIVER !  Too
many things can and do go wrong !

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.