Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Kim Lux wrote:
On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 23:13 +0000, Chris Jones wrote:

I should NOT have to read a driver forum to run a new kernel !

of all the dumbass things you have said in this thread this is perhaps the worst.

Yeah, silly me, thinking I could install a kernel and build the same
friggin Nvidia driver that I have built 20x before without having to
visit a Linux forum !

[snip]

I have found that any time I bring up a way in which Linux,
or Fedora Core in particular, could benefit from easier install/
modification/you name it, especially since the OTHER OS already
supports such, I get flames more or less like what you experience
here.

Criticism, however well-intentioned, however spot-on, however helpful
it might be, is not something easily condoned by people for whom an
operating system is nearly a religion.

For me, an OS is a standardized interface to various hardware.
It lets me load and execute applications. Linux+GNU form an OS
and support apps which let me manage my hardware. That's it.

If another OS does some things better, then the Linux and GNU crowd
should take that as an opportunity to review, and see whether some
lesson couldn't be learned, rather than as an opportunity to express
disdain for anything not of the pale.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.