Re: Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Hi

Ask yourself: You apparently are a RH employee and already are reading
many of the lists. How much effort would it take to you to communicate
the essentials to the appropriate channels inside of RH, be it as formal
reports, by notes/memos, or by simply forwarding some mails?
A huge amount of effort really. I dont read all the mails by far.

It's probably not your formal task nor duty - But it could be and
probably would not make much difference to you.
My job has obsoletely nothing to do with Fedora. It takes hours of my own volunteer time to respond here in a limited way and I rather spend it on doing things that improve Fedora Project rather than merely spending time on discussions that dont change a single thing.

I can tell you how I see it:

* People expect RH to have established such communication channels
internally.
Right.

* Non-developers hesitate to post to devel lists because they repeatedly
have been instructed not to post end-user feedback to devel lists.
When they posted end user queries or send in rants that arent Fedora development specific.

* RH lists require subscription. This is not feasible for "one time
postings".
It is way less than the time people spend arguing about it here where it makes no difference.

* It's not the developers on devel lists talking the decisions on
release cycles. It's RH's management.
Development people can talk to management about it if they are convinced of the strategy. That is the way things work here.

--
Rahul