Re: Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Hi

This has always been the policy so far. FC X goes legacy when Fedora Z test 2 gets released. If you care about Fedora X at that point, join the Fedora Legacy team and contribute.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legacy

It seems John and I understand it. We still think it was an ill considered
decision.

Why?. If this is a community project, then the community has some right and responsibility to contribute. If you care about older releases why not step up and do the required work in getting Fedora Legacy going better?. I am sure everyone in the team would welcome your contributions.

--- Rahul

I I don't want to join it for the sake of a month; I wish to go from three to five. I prefer not to rejig my yum configurations and/or up2date configurations, and I don't wish to go to four at this late state.

"responsibility to contribute."

Jo and I don't contribute? You gotta be joking. We've both been helping out on these lists for years (with a minor break or two when RH left us).

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait