Re: Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

> Hi
>
> >>This list is mostly noise at the management level.
> >>

> >Didn't you read what I wrote?
> >
> >I said: Pay somebody for reading this list and filter the noise into
> >reports to the management.
> >
> That doesnt sound like a good idea to me really. It would be grossly
> inefficient for anyone to track all the mailing lists users post into
> and then try filter out anything important at the management level.
Ask yourself: You apparently are a RH employee and already are reading
many of the lists. How much effort would it take to you to communicate
the essentials to the appropriate channels inside of RH, be it as formal
reports, by notes/memos, or by simply forwarding some mails?

It's probably not your formal task nor duty - But it could be and
probably would not make much difference to you.

>  The
> signal to noise level ratio is just too much. Users can very well bring
> in discussions to fedora-devel list if its about development issues. I
> dont understand the reluctance to do something as simple as signing up
> another mailing list and suggesting that someone get paid to manage this
> as a workaround.

I can tell you how I see it:

* People expect RH to have established such communication channels
internally.
* Non-developers hesitate to post to devel lists because they repeatedly
have been instructed not to post end-user feedback to devel lists.
* RH lists require subscription. This is not feasible for "one time
postings".
* It's not the developers on devel lists talking the decisions on
release cycles. It's RH's management.

Ralf