Re: Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Hi

I I don't want to join it for the sake of a month; I wish to go from three to five. I prefer not to rejig my yum configurations and/or up2date configurations, and I don't wish to go to four at this late state.

Pretty simple. Continue getting updates from Fedora Legacy till Fedora Core 5 is released.

Take your fingers out of you ears; I alread said that's not what I want to do.

"responsibility to contribute."

Jo and I don't contribute? You gotta be joking. We've both been helping out on these lists for years (with a minor break or two when RH left us).

If you would like to get updates from Fedora Legacy project for a longer duration you will have to contribute to that project specifically which is what I meant earlier in context.

We don't want to get updates from FL. We'd like support for the outgoing release (FC3 now, FC4 next time) to remain as it was until the second successor is out and (somewhat) stabilised, so there are always two releases supported by FP.

Jo and I (and a lot of others) switched from RH back when RH announced its changed arrangements, and the commencement of the Fedora project because neither RH not FC provided what we wanted.

We've dabbled in others including Debian, Ubuntu, SUSE, Mandrake/Mandribble and some others.

I currently run Debian/Woody, Debian/Sarge, Ubuntu, FC3, SUSE 10 and WBEL, so I know what the major alternatives are,

We're asking just for a teensy extension to the support offered by FP. Instead of 13 months for FC3, maybe 14 (FC5+1 say, instead of FC5-1).

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait