Re: Batch creating linux accounts

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 10:25 -0500, Stéphane Bruno wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > ----
> > personally, I would recommend the usage of LDAP over NIS. NIS is aging
> > technology and LDAP is rapidly expanding.
> >
> > anyway, the best way I know of to do mass importing is via webmin
> > MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from "www.webmin.com" claiming to be <http://www.webmin.com>
> >
> > Their 'Users and Groups' module and in fact their LDAP Users and Groups
> > module both have a mass import action already scripted.
> >
> > Craig
> >

> How do you compare Red Hat Directory Services (or Fedora Directory
> Services) with LDAP?
----
I like the Fedora Directory Server - has some interesting tools. For
clarification, Fedora Directory is LDAP. Fedora Directory is NOT
openldap which is a 'competing' LDAP server project.

Fedora Directory Server might be easier to initially set up than
openldap but there is more information available for openldap since it
has been more widely available for longer.

Both are excellent tools - neither is totally obvious how to get
started.

Craig