Re: Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 01:07:46PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>

> >We're simply trying to assert some community influence, Rahul.
>
> Like I said, post to fedora-devel for development discussions.  I am not
> sure how anything that does not even more additional burden to the
> development team would be good but maybe with good rationale it will be
> considered.
>
> --
> Rahul

Well I guess all this is a matter of opinion. To me the response to a
complaint of "that is how we always did it" is puerile. You seem to be
the redhat representative in this discussion it seems to me you could
spend some of your time communicating to the "powers" about  our
feelings than just defending the decision blindly.

After all your explanations I can't understand why it would hurt
anything or anyone to delay the movement of FC3 to legacy until after
FC5 release. People in the "community" are saying that this decision
makes it more difficult for them.

This follows multiple decisions the RedHat has made that the list
members have felt was wrong and not once have I detected a willingness
on Red Hat's part to reconsider the decision.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484