Re: Setting up network

Bill Tetens <zuki269@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> here is the first command line and the second line is the reply:
>        rpm -qa | grep samba
>            samba-common-3.0.3-5
>
> second command   rpm -qa | greb yum
>            yum-2.0.7-1.1
>
> third command    rpem -qa | greb system-profile
>                17 system-config but none were samba

OK, now we can get started.
You've installed FC2 release correct?

Not sure how you would have ended up with partial samba pkgs but we
can get what you need  Its done with a tool called `yum' which you
have installed.

Let us see your /etc/yum.conf file.

But before you do I have a question.  You said in yuor first posts
that the linux box connects to the internet fine.  Its just the local
network it cannot see.

If that is so why are you not doing this from the linux box?
Then you would have a much easier time including command lines and
output.

For mailclient you could get mozilla-mail working pretty fast and
continue this thread from onboard the FC2 machine.

Ok, now the /etc/yum.conf file.  We must make sure it is aimed at the
correct repository.  But I think it would be by default.

   `cat /etc/yum.conf'

will display it.

Once we've determined you have a viable setup, try running

(as root)

  yum list updates

That command won't change anything but will show if `yum' is setup ok
and may display a number of update pkgs you need.