Re: Setting up network

Sorry I took so long in answering your e-mail. I cannot copy the commands and replies to the floppy disk. Everytime I try I get an error message: error "I/O error" while copying. Don't have a clue on that.

here is the first command line and the second line is the reply:
       rpm -qa | grep samba
           samba-common-3.0.3-5

second command   rpm -qa | greb yum
           yum-2.0.7-1.1

third command    rpem -qa | greb system-profile
               17 system-config but none were samba

reader@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Bill Tetens <zuki269@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

OOOPS My mistake or maybe my glasses were dirty. HEH

Got a different answer this time   samba-common-3.0.3-5

Will look closer from now on.

Ok, yes that is a common problem when trying to do stuff between two
machines like that.  Now returning to the list of commands to get some
help going here...

(Bill please include the actual command line you run and the full
output from here on if possible)

They were:

  rpm -qa | grep samba

You need some more samba pkgs than what you posted but we will return
to that.

  rpm -qa | grep yum

If the yum pkg is installed it will simplify things far as installing stuff.

Once we insure all needed samba pkgs are installed.  And we check to
see if the needed system-config pkg is there:

  rpm -qa | grep system-config

We are looking for system-config-samba

If it is not there, no problems... we can use yum to get it.

Lets establish these things now then either get them or use them.
Once we move to using system-config-samba you are a short ways from
having a working samba setup.