Setting up network

I just got a FC2 computer up and running. It is attached to a small home network which is attached to the internet by DSL. The linux computer connects to the internet and operates perfectly. My problem is that it does not see any of the computer on the net work. How can I configure the computer to see the other computers.

I am an extreme newbie so if you have a way to set it up give me the info as clearly as possible.

Thanks