Re: Setting up network

Bill Tetens <zuki269@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> experience.
>> Fedora/redaht provides lots of tools to help you with this.
>> First lets see what tools you have on board to install samba.  I'll
>> be
>> surprised if it is not already installed.
>> type:
>>    rpm -qa|grep samba
>>
> What showed up was: rpm:L one type query/verify may be performed at a time

Something is very wrong here.  Please copy and paste the actual
command line and response to a mail message.

This command  `rpm -qa|grep samba' should show any samba pkgs
installed or return blank if none are.
If that doesn't happen there are other problems.

>>   rpm --redhatprovides samba
> This showed up:  Unknown Option

>> This will query the distro package list to see what pkg provides
>> samba functionality.
>>    samba-3.0.5-0pre1.0

>>   rpm -qa|grep yum
>
> This showed up again:  one type query/verify may be performed at a time.
>> If that shows a `yum-*' pkg  we are in business.

We'll need to get this resolved to move on.  If you typed in the
commands as shown removing any extraneous quotes and got those
messages I'm not sure what to do from here.

Here are the bare commands to copy paste to a command line:

   rpm -qa|grep samba

   rpm -qa|grep yum